Thursday 25 June 2015

Karijini - Knox and Joffre Gorge

Today we drove to Knox Gorge.  We were going to do our first class 5 walk (class 5 is the 2nd hardest trail you can walk we normally do class 4 and 3) I was very excited.  We started to climb down the gorge, the rocks kept slipping beneath our feet.  When we finally got to the bottom we started to walk alongside the creek.  It was very beautiful walking along side the red cliff faces and the 100% clear water in the creek.  We crossed the creek a few times and had to edge along the wall so we didn't fall into the water.  

As I laid down on the side of the creek I discovered that the water was beautiful clean water.  It tasted absolutely lovely, a lot better than the not so nice WA water. Victorian water is defiantly the best water by far.  At the end of the walk we saw a lovely small waterfall that I sat next to.  We walked back and then climbed back up the gorge.  In the car I had a little bit of my lunch and then we drove to Joffre Falls.  It was a short walk but beautiful.  It started at the top of a very tall waterfall and then went down into the gorge, and ended up at the pool at the bottom of the falls.  We sat there staring at the waterfall for a while and then got into our bathers to swim in front of the waterfall.  As soon as I hopped in I forced my self to stay there for a photo and then I ran back out.  It was FREEZING!  It felt less then minus 10 degrees, it was so cold it actually hurt to go in.  After I warmed back up we climbed to the top of the waterfall again and drove back to the caravan for the afternoon.  

As we were sitting down inside because it was dark outside dad poked his head inside and told us there was a Dingo.  We all hurried outside and I grabbed dads camera and then we saw a red body moving against the grass in the dark.  It was beautiful to see the dingos furry red coat slowly moving against the darkness and it was quite close to camp too.



No comments:

Post a Comment