Sunday 7 June 2015

Turtle Rock

Today we drove to Turtle Rock which is in Warroora Station.  When we got there we walked out on to the rock and saw a large turtle.  We thought that was very special until we saw 5 more!  The turtles stuck up their heads and rode the waves and I thought they looked funny and adorable.  Then we went down on to the beach and watched the crabs scuttle into there hiding places.  While we were down there I found some very thick bones.  Then when I got back to camp I played with 2 girls my age, we played with my water frisbee and we dived and played in the water.  While we were in the water we were surrounded by lots of Jelly Fish, some can sting but I touched a few as they were harmless.




Yesterday, we had to go get some water.  To get it, we had to pump the water by hand from a bore deep below ground.  Out here there are no taps because we are so remote, it is very different to home where you have access to as much water as you want.  It has been interesting to learn how precious water is out here.


Please be sure to read all my posts, usually I have to post several at once due to limited internet access.


2 comments:

  1. Well Pumpkin now you know how to get water we won't need the pump for Xmas or Easter. P.P. Your stores are fantastic please keep writing, we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those turtles look beautiful! You are so lucky to watch them in their natural environment.

    ReplyDelete