Friday 5 June 2015

Snorkelling in Coral Bay


Today we drove into a town called Coral Bay (A.K.A Corruption Bay - because everything is so expensive).  We brought our snorkelling gear because we were going to snorkel at the reef.  We walked to the top of the current and slowly made our way out to the reef, one second I was staring at the sand and the next I was staring at the beautiful reef way below.  The reef looked like giant flowers bigger than our caravan and hundreds of brightly coloured fish, some were swimming with us.  There were also some giant fish and the first one we saw was black and swimming at the bottom, when I spotted it I freaked out because I thought it was a shark.  

We snorkelled along the gentle current for and hour and then we started to get cold so we swam into the bay and got ourselves dry.  We went and did some shopping and then had lunch back at the beach.  Mum and I went and snorkelled a bit more and we spotted an old ball anchor which was covered all sorts of things and the reef in that spot was higher.  

Then after a shower we drove back to Warroora Station and had marshmallows around a fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment