Tuesday 9 June 2015

Shark sighting and fishing

Today we went fishing but we didn't catch anything.  We fished for a little bit and then I went off to play with Mietta (who is one of my friends, she also has 2 sisters called Jamilia and Eve) and made a cubby out of towels, ropes, chairs and sandbags.  We worked hard on that until it was time for lunch so I left their camper trailer and went and had lunch.  After lunch, I did a bit of reading on the beach and then had a few dips in he water.  The reasons I didn't have a proper swim was because while I was building the cubbies, Kade, dad and mum saw a …SHARK!  I had really wanted to see a shark but unfortunately I didn't get to see it.  A little while later we saw a movement of a dark shape in the water which we think was a Manta Ray.  Just before that, dad had spotted a turtle and dived in after it but as soon as it noticed dad, it took of super fast.  Dad and I had a few sets of Handball (2 square) and daddy won 2 of them.  Late afternoon we went over to see what some people had caught after they had come back in their fishing boat.  They had caught a large Spangled Emperor and 8 Charlie Courts.  We watched them clean them and then we were lucky enough to have some of the meat from a Charlie Court for a Pre-dinner snack.  I played Handball with Mietta, Kade and Mietta’s little sister Eve for a bit until it was dinner time.  Mum got busted Big Time today, she had been sneaking non Paleo chocolate and hiding the wrapper with out telling daddy.  Her punishment was to hold a sign which said what she had done and smile for a photo.


1 comment:

  1. Shame, shame, shame. Your MIL would never have let anyone find the wrapper. She has spent years and $1000's training you girls about chocolate. You will have to practice even harder. Great story Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete