Monday 1 June 2015

Quobba blowholes

After a shower we all hopped in the car and went on a short drive to Quobba Point and parked our caravan behind a sand dune next to the ocean.  After we set up all our things we drove out to Quobba Blowholes which is so amazing I cant describe it.  Basically there are whole in the rocks which are connected to underwater caves and when the water pressure in the cave gets high water shoots out the holes 20-25 metres in to the air!  I climbed down to where the wholes are and spotted giant crabs, the largest I’ve ever seen.  We also found some tiny holes which were breathing it sucked in air and pushed air strong enough to be my hairdryer.  



Then we drove a short way and came to a rocky island with a little coral reef area infested with sea cucumbers, sea urchins, Clams (which looked like they had big, fat lips), Oyster stacks and lots of bright and patterned fish.  When I poked my finger around the sea urchins spikes, the would close around by fingers and if I poked or got very close to the clams big fat lips they would suck them in so nothing could get in side.  After we climbed up on to the rocky island we started to explore, we spotted loads of giant crabs with bright and dull colours.  Then as we looked down over the reef we spotted a valley for fish with fish electric blue, black and white stripes and some with spots it was beautiful to see them swimming around the colourful coral.  I picked up a sea cucumber and it was very squishy and floppy.  Then when we got back to the car we drove back to the caravan and I sat down outside and read my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment