Tuesday 14 July 2015

Bell Gorge

Today we packed up and left to go to a campsite called Silent Grove.  On the way we drove through some magnificent gorges and saw some magnificent views. We also went through our first proper creek crossing.  The rushing water was 30 cm deep.  As soon as we set up we left to do a walk into Bell Gorge. 

When we got down into the gorge we found ourselves standing at the top of a stunning waterfall.  We walked around to get a better view and then went down to the bottom of the falls to have a swim.  We swam in the cold water for a while then climbed out on the slippery rocks to have lunch.  Then we walked a little further down the creek to have a swim there.  When we got there we spotted ledges that were easy to get to and people were jumping off them into the water.  Dad went over to the 10 metre high one first and jumped from there and landed with a smack!  Then I had a go at the smaller one to warm me up for the big one.  Kade and dad jumped from the small one together, then mummy and I went to the the big one.  Once we got there we realised it was a lot higher than we thought.  We thought about if we should do it and decided yes, so I jumped.  It seemed like forever before I smacked the cold water and when I did my arms and legs ached.  It was super fun but a little scary jumping from that high.  When I got out of the water mum came jumping down as well.  Then I went to the 8 metre one and jumped from there and Kade did with mum too.  Then after a while I went back to the big one and jumped that one again.  We were there for hours jumping, swimming and warming up on the warm rocks before going back to camp.







No comments:

Post a Comment