Wednesday 15 July 2015

Galvans Gorge / Mt Barnett Roadhouse

Today we left for our next stop, Manning Gorge Campground at the Mt Barnett Roadhouse.  On the way we stopped at Galvans Gorge and had a swim.  This time we brought our noodles so we could relax.  Once we had walked into the gorge we found a small but pretty waterfall ending in a pool.  There was also a rope swing connected to a tree which was hanging over the water to swing on.  We climbed up the tree and dad helped me reach out for the rope because he had longer arms.  Once I had a good grip on the stick I pushed myself away from the tree and swung out over the water, as soon as it felt like I was about to swing back I let go, falling into the refreshing waters of the pool.  After I fell into the water I swam over to the waterfall and sat under it.  The water falling from the waterfall was actually a bit warmer than the water in the pool, it was also a nice massage on my back.  I did another swing on the rope and then I climbed up the cliff and jumped off.  

After we warmed up again, we drove to where we were going to set up for the night.  Since it was becoming afternoon, we didn't start the gorge trail, so we went for a walk around the campsite.  As we were walking we found a spot to swim.  It was a beautiful Billabong with rock islands in the middle.  We swam there for a while and then moved further down to a cliff.  We did that because dad had found a good spot to jump off, Dad jumped first and then I had a go.  The water was a bit colder than I thought so it smacks a bit harder when you land but it was still fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment