Friday 29 May 2015

Carnarvon

After we said goodbye to Rob we headed off to a large town called Carnarvon.  We pulled up in a Caravan Park and squeezed into our little spot.  We set up quickly and then drove around the towns farming areas and we spotted bananas, Butternut Pumpkins, strawberries and corn.  

When we were back at the caravan we heard someone testing the speaker all the way from the park for the TropiCOOL festival which we were going to a little while later.  I sat and read my book Rocco for a while until 5:30 and we started to walk down the busy street to the festival. When we walked in I could see brightly coloured rides, a stage and some stalls as well as Rob and we went over and said hello.  We first looked at a Jewellery stall and then we passed a sweet stall filled with Candy Apples, Fairy Floss, Giant Chocolate Freckles, Popping Candy on a disc and lot and lots of brightly decorated Cake Pops.  We got some dinner from one of the stalls which was chips and gravy, it was so large I couldn't eat it all.  We had another little wander, then mum and dad bought a Cake Pop for Kade and I.  My one looked like a white ball with sprinkles, but it was chocolate Mud Cake in the middle.  We sat down near the stage and the first band that played was called the Gassy River Band and they sang a range of types of songs.  Then the next person was…Beyonce! It really wasn't the real Beyonce, it was a Beyonce tribute show.  The girl who was dressing up like Beyonce was from Melbourne and her voice was amazing and she looked very beautiful.  She sang some of Beyonce’s songs swell as some other ones.  After Beyonce was a solo guitarist called James Abberley who I thought was very good.  

After him we started to walk home and when I was in bed I could still hear the music, I even heard Rihanna but once again it was a tribute show and I’m pretty sure that it was the same person dressing up as Rihanna as the one who dressed up as Beyonce.

No comments:

Post a Comment