Friday 8 May 2015

Sandboarding in Lancelin and The Pinnacles

It was a very exciting day and it all started with another quick game of totem-tennis, during our game Reg called us over to the shed were he took us inside his secret shed. Inside was an old caravan, old furniture, a big boat, little toy sail boats and lots and lots of big model planes which he had built, some having the wingspan of 2 metres! Sadly we had to leave the farm so we said goodbye to Veronica, Reg and their dog Abby and started to head off.  

On the way we drove through Lancelin where we stopped to admire the beautiful waters and islands. We saw something very unusual.  It was sand dunes that were over 55 metres high, towering behind the houses.  Mum and dad already knew about this because they hired some sand boards and told us we were going sand boarding! We drove to the bottom of the sand dunes and carried our boards up the steep slope to the top of the tallest sand dune.  We had hired 2 boards so first was dad and Kade on one board and I was on the other board. The first time I went down I was smiling and I got lots of sand in my mouth. I went on it about 10 more times and by the end I was exhausted from walking back up the steep dunes!  A funny thing happened when mum and Kade were going down, they lost control and crashed with mum rolling over Kade, pushing his face in the sand, but when Kade got up he looked like a clown as he had white sand all over his face and very red cheeks.  





Dad bought us some meat pies for lunch and then we took off and stopped at the Pinnacles in Nambung National Park.  The pinnacles are lots of large limestone rocks poking out of the yellow dirt which have been there for over 500,000 yrs. On the way back I spotted 4 furry caterpillars all in a line which was very cute. We arrived at Sandy Cape Recreation Park at 3:30 just in time to have a little walk after we set up, we walked down to the beach and it was beautiful transparent, turquoise tinged water.  I climbed up on a rock to get better view of the beautiful water. On the walk back I was searching the rocks for crabs, but I didn't find a crab, I found a small cute starfish ( A.K.A sea star.) I ran to show mum and dad then put him back in ocean were he belonged, then coming back to Peaches to type this and do some practise writing narrative stories for Naplan.  







1 comment:

  1. Mummy is a bit of a bully. Poor knucklehead looks like he was scrapped in the sand all the way down the hill. P.P.

    ReplyDelete