Friday 22 May 2015

Eagle Bluff and some fishing

This morning I got the chance to sleep in.  When I got out of bed, I had my toast and cereal for breakfast.  Then when I went outside a weird thing happened, I couldn't see the ocean, so I asked dad if he could see it and he said he could just make it out.  The reason the ocean was hard to make out was because the sky was the exact same colour as the ocean so I couldn't see the horizon.  


The first place we went to was called Eagle Bluff where we went on a boardwalk on a cliff looking over perfectly clear ocean. It is supposed to be a great spot to find marine life and at first it was so clear we could tell that there was nothing there.  As we walked along the boardwalk we spotted a few schools of particularly long fish and a few species called humans.  A little drive later we stopped to have lunch at Denham Lookout and while we were there we spotted a shack covered in thongs called (obviously) the Thong Shack.  


Then after a walk along the shops we got some bait and got ready to go fishing. When we had chopped up our squid bait we walked to the end of the jetty to catch some fish.  We waited for fish to come to our fishing rods for a bit more than two hours.  In the end Kade caught five fish and mum, dad and I caught one fish each but we didn't take any home because they didn't reach the size they have to be to pass the Western Australian fishing law.  While my rod was in the water I could see large and small fish nibbling at my bait and I tried to get them on the line but I couldn't and we didn't have a net to scoop them up either.  Then, still smelling fishy, we hopped back in the car and headed home for our dinner which was yummy burgers.  After that we got out the laptop to watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but we only watched the 1st half because we all got too tired.



1 comment:

  1. Love everything you write sweetheart XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete