Saturday 23 May 2015

Peron Homestead and Big Lagoon

Today I got to have another sleep in, and yummy bacon and eggs for breakfast.  We set off in the car and then we pulled over so I could ring one of my best friends, Holly.  We chatted for a while then I hopped back in the car and we drove into Francois Peron National Park and stopped at an old sheep station called Peron Homestead.  First we walked into a little information room which told us the way things changed in the area from when aboriginals owned the land till now. In the next room they had stuffed animals representing the animals that roam the area, some of those were Feral Wild Goats, Feral Cats, Shark Bay Mouse, Western Barred Bandicoot, Banded Hare-Wallaby, a Mala and loads more.  Some of those animals are greatly endangered and are found nowhere else in Australia. The feral animals were introduced and became a pest.


I was wondering why mum told me to wear my bathers and then I found out, we were going in a hot tub!  It really is a hot tub but a natural one called an Artesian Hot Tub, the water in the hot tub is naturally hot and comes from a 540 metres deep under ground Artesian Bore.  I read a sign which read : the hot tubs water temperature is 40 degrees! I didn't believe it until I put my legs in, it BURNED!   After I slowly made my way in we had to get out regularly so we didn't suffer from over heating.  Then we walked around the shearing shed and learned about how the shearers lived and how the shearing worked which I found really interesting.  


After we found our way back to the car we had to let down out tyres so we could drive on the soft sand of the 4 wheel drive track.  It was our first time driving on a 4 wheel drive track and it felt like a roller coaster, we went up and down big hills as well as continuous sharp turns.  After a while we reached our destination, Big Lagoon.  The lagoon really is humungous and it was also very pretty, we walked around a part of the lagoon on the tops of the cliff, trying too spot any marine life but we didn't see any.  The colour of the red cliffs against the white sand against the turquoise water was a real contrast.  After we finished our lunch we drove back along the roller coaster track and out of the national park and stopped to have a look at Little Lagoon which had a stream connecting it to the ocean.  As we drove along, we found an entrance to the little stream and we went to have a look.  The stream was very pretty and peaceful, it was so clear that I could see gorgeous fish swimming gently down the stream. When we got back to the caravan we had a rest then after dinner the family watched the end of the Harry Potter movie we had started watching the night before.


No comments:

Post a Comment