Saturday 9 May 2015

Sandy Cape / Lesueur National Park / Jurien Bay

Before bacon and eggs on toast, I started my day with Kade at the door saying there was a sea lion out in the bay. I grabbed my dressing gown and beanie and sprinted to the top of the hill and … it had gone. :(  At least I got to see photos that dad took. (they were of the sea lions cute furry nose and tail)  


A little while later we drove into Lesueur National Park which covers 26,987 hectares and did a 2 and a half kilometre walk to the 2nd lookout on Mt Lesueur. Then we drove to the closest town Jurien Bay, and watched skydivers land on the beach. We had lunch next to the jetty on the beach and we saw 2 dolphins nearly jump completely out of the water.  They came up a few times and the last time we saw them, was when one almost did a full somersault in the water. 



When we got back we went down to the ocean and had another search of the rock pools where we found two large sea snails in very pretty shells as well as a crab which I thought was a giant muscle so I kicked it around and was just about to pick it up when the crab unfolded itself and showed me its pinchers and crawled onto my foot. We had brought goggles so we looked at the seaweed and explored under big rocks and rock caves.

1 comment:

  1. In the photos, the weather looks so warm and the water looks so clear. Please send us some sunshine and warmth, it is cold in Melbourne! Miss you lots. Love Lily xx

    ReplyDelete